1) Check the area surrounding your home or building. If you find shingles or pieces of shingles it may be a sign that your roofing needs to be replaced.
2) Check for any spotting on your roof. Spotting can be in the form of algae, fungus, mold, or moss and occurs when the roofing is not properly ventilated.
3) Check your roofing for rotting shingles. A few visible rotting shingles can mean that there is a lot more rotting in areas you can't see.
4) Inspect your ceilings and attic for any sagging. This will likely be caused by leaks in your roofing.
5) Take into consideration how old your roofing is. Some of these signs we have discussed can be solved with repairs, but if your roofing is more than 20 years old the cost of repairs may not be worth it and you may be better off replacing the roofing. Contact us for a roofing inspection to determine if we should repair or replace your roofing.