1) Make Sure They are Insured: Anytime you have a contractor coming to your home or business you want to make sure they have the proper insurance. They should carry workman's compensation and general liability insurance. Ask to see a copy of the insurance card. The last thing you want is to have something go wrong and it fall on your shoulders!
2) Make Sure They are Licensed: Most states require that all contractors are licensed. New York is one of these states; if you live outside of New York you can check with your local building and zoning commission. In NY the contractor is licensed to work in a specific county. MCAS Roofing is licensed in Westchester, NY. Ask to see a copy of the contractor's license, if they can't show it to you then that roofing contractor is not for you.
3) Make Sure They are Experienced: The number of years someone has been in the roofing industry will help give insight as to whether they can successfully complete your roofing job. Ask the roofing contractor about their work history. Make sure they are experienced with the roofing material you plan to use.
4) Company Philosophy: Discuss roofing application techniques and guarantees.
5) Beware a Low Roofing Bid: Let's face it, if something is too good to be true it probably is. If a roofing contractor's bid seems suspiciously low, there is probably a reason. A roofer that can come in and under-cut the competition by a high percentage likely is not reputable. They may not be insured or licensed. There is also the possibility they are using inexperienced workers or poor quality roofing materials.
To talk more about choosing an experienced roofing contractor you can Contact MCAS Roofing & Contracting Inc